How many times

Reaction score
How many times a year can goldfish spawn. I have some young that are any where from say 5/8 to 3/4 inch long to some that are 3 to 3 and 1/2 inch long. I'm guessing they are from multiple birth times, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

Steve

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I didn't used to feed my goldies and I didn't get hardly any babies. Now I feed them and they are getting big and have more babies. Maybe if I get too many and can't find homes for them I will go back to fend for yourself feeding. They can survive just fine w/ no feeding. Bug and worms are always landing or falling in the pond and they eat algae and plants I put in also. They love water melon rinds.........just thought I'd throw that in there :(

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
j.w said:
I didn't used to feed my goldies and I didn't get hardly any babies. Now I feed them and they are getting big and have more babies. Maybe if I get too many and can't find homes for them I will go back to fend for yourself feeding. They can survive just fine w/ no feeding. Bug and worms are always landing or falling in the pond and they eat algae and plants I put in also. They love water melon rinds.........just thought I'd throw that in there :(

I very seldom fed my arizona goldies, they were up to around 15 inches long when I moved. That was with six years of fend for yourself eating. Every now and then they got a hand full of food, not often. The mosquito fish were fend for yourself also lol.

Reaction score
Mine are fend for yourself by their choice. I fed them for a bit after bringing them home but they would just pick at the food. I decided that they were getting plenty to eat from their natural pond and didn't want any food.

Reaction score
In Indiana if we have a warmer than usual Spring and a little warmer Fall you might get a 3rd spawn. But mainly we have 2 goldfish/comet spawns a year. I have never had more than 1 Koi spawn.

Ask a Question