How much time?

Reaction score
How much time do you spend working on your pond? How long did it take you to dig one or build one?

Reaction score
Ditto on the ongoing project part. It's like remodeling, once you finish a project it is time to redo something else. It's a vicious cycle!

Reaction score
My whole yard is an ongoing project, including my pond. It took me about a week to dig it by hand, and another couple of days to actually build it up and get it ready for the water.
Now, its pretty well established and I don't mess with it much anymore - its all natural and I lov eit.

Reaction score
I think the fact that it is an ongoing project makes it a great way to destress. When I am in an uproar I just go work on the pond.

Reaction score
With the unpredictable weather this year, I haven't done much in the garden anywhere and it shows. It looks like the cool fall weather will be bringing some serious weeding, dividing, and upkeep along with it.

Sometimes I wonder if it would be worth it just to hire someone and say "get it done" and just enjoy the fruits of their labor!

Reaction score
Oh no, I couldn't hand control of my garden over to anyone else. Even when my yard looks less than perfect, I still enjoy it because I know how hard I worked at getting it to where it is.
When I moved in, it was covered with gravel and weeds - someone thought that was a good "patio."

Reaction score
I agree, I couldn't give up control of mine either. If someone else came in they wouldn't have the same vision and I am so dedicated to mine it would be like handing over one the of the children to a stranger.:)

Reaction score
I know I wouldn't be happy. But hubby isn't happy with it like it is right now. I've tried to explain to him that it's almost impossible to weed a garden that hasn't had water in three monthes. Those weeds are concreted in right now. He just doesn't get it. *sigh*

There is suppose to be rain on the agenda for this week though (of course they've said that all month and nodda).

Maybe I can weed by the weekend.

Reaction score
I love pottering about in my garden and near my pond, there is always something to do isnt there

Ask a Question