How to deal with (intentionally drilled) holes in Rubbermaid stock tank.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@qclabrat What you show in the above pictures is basically what I’m planning. My pond edge is elevated about 12”, and the depth of the tank is about 24” so not sure if I will bury any part of it. If I do, will only be enough to help stabilize it — maybe a few inches. I would like to construct a frame [wood?] around the tank, though. The top pic you posted is how I have my Skippy plumbed and it works well. I will still go with the upflow, and PVC manifold, but will figure out a way to disguise the tubing. I also have a [I think] 2” drain fixed into the bottom for flushing, but not sure if I will carry that over to the bog.

Your question about how to return the water to the pond was going to be my next post on here — you beat me to it. I don’t want to have the return be tubing and would like to fix up a wier/spillway/waterfall somehow. But still researching that part. Just not sure how to position the tank next to the pond, and how to get the water to go where I want it since this type of bog isn’t literally attached to the pond. My concern is with the integrity of anything I DIY — I fear leaks!

I’ll keep you posted and you let me know if you come up with any ideas!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It is really hard to find the square stock tanks and I really want one .

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
@Mmathis

To return it with out any tubing, I would get the front portlion of a water fall/ biofalls or diy a spillway of some sort that bolts on. Cut a hole in the stock tank on the flat face to match spillway drill holes for bolts, use stainless hardware and lock washers. Goop it up with silicone really well then tighten up, silicone should act like a gasket between the two surfaces to prevent leaking.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
dust pan and cut down and use silcon of pond foam to secure?

Ask a Question