How to find a good pond builder

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I built our first pond about 4 years ago but we've moved. It was nice, but needs some upgrades. I'm looking to have a new better pond built at our new home. I'm not having a lot of luck finding a good and reputable pond builder. They seem to want to build a crappy pond or are just net reputable. Any suggestions? We live in metro Detroit. Also, while the new home owners are great and letting us leave our fish there for the time being, I do need to move them to our new home. I've thought about moving them into a kiddy pool or something like that temporarily, but I'm not sure how well that would work or how long we could keep them like that. We have 15 fish total. 3 koi about 18" 4 about 10" and the rest are small koi and goldfish.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
There are two (2) Certified Aquascape Contractors in the Detroit area that I am aware of. Have you contacted either?
Google------Pond Contractors, Detroit.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Look for a local koi club. Talk to folks who've had ponds built, ask if you can see their ponds (we're all big show-offs!). Referral is the best source in any kind of business.

Ask a Question