How to get more plants

Reaction score
The most inexpensive way that I have found to increase my plant population is to join a local garden club and trade with the others in the club. Make sure you ask if it's invasive before you take it, though. I spent three years trying to get rid of purple basil from one of my flower beds.

Also, sharing you extras helps keep them healthy and happy.

Reaction score
That is something I've never thought of. I never need new plants really - my yard is completely chock full. I do, however, give plants away to people on the street a lot of the time.

I have yet to find someone to give my extra water lettuce and ararchis to though.

Reaction score
We have the same problem with mint and parrot feather (I keep calling it parrot weed). It grows so think in some parts of our springs that you can actually walk on it!

Reaction score
Ok, so what's the secret? I can't get much to grow in my pond because the fish eat it all. I feed my fish daily and they still gobble up everything except my lily pads!

Ask a Question