How to Get over a Fish's Death: 12 Steps - wikiHow

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
Nice article. I was upset when one of the three koi died two winters ago--I cried all the way to work that morning and really had to pull myself together before I walked into the building. I work with kids, so I didn't want them to see me that upset.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Nice article. I was upset when one of the three koi died two winters ago--I cried all the way to work that morning and really had to pull myself together before I walked into the building. I work with kids, so I didn't want them to see me that upset.
aww :( i used to do this when my chickens would die when i was kid

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I guess I don't quite understand...yet....about grief over a dead fish since I have yet to build my pond, but then again, before I owned a dog I never understood how a dog owner could be that upset over a dog's death...until I lost my first dog this past Fall. I was a basket case for a few days.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I like my fish, but if one dies it is put out in the field to feed the critters, always gone by the next day. Natural recycling. I don't have expensive koi. I have some beautiful shubunkins, some really stand out, others are part of the crowd.

Now my pups, when one of them passed on they got more tears then when my late hubby passed on. When a coyote took my little josey, 4 lb cream colored yorkie in Arizona, I searched for her for two weeks, grieved for many weeks. Late hubby let her out in the yard without checking for the coyotes that had been hanging around.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
i have seen documentary and experienced around too , some smallest incidents in child life can become phobia all life long , ihve seen in docu a child whos frog was eaten by a cat then all his life he had terrible fear from cats , or if some one had small knife injury they can develop hemophobia fear of blood and sharp objects , list goes on , fear of height water etc all develop as child from very small rare incidents , same as fish or pet death some times they may look very small but how it happens can leave some mark behind if ur small child .

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
@Usman What you have seen documented is very true. Early childhood experiences that leave a lasting imprint can affect us the rest of our lives.

Ask a Question