"HOW TO GET RID OF GOLDFISH" THREAD DELETED

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Becky, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I was on the verge of reporting that thread, but didn't once I realized the MODS. were aware of it!

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
To not want to deal with time and aggravation of netting and scooping, I think he had an honest question. I have been wondering about the alternatives. I live at least 10 miles from a small town and 80 miles to the closest city. If somebody willing to pay the gas mileage round trip to scoop out some 3" comets ya can buy for a few cents at a pet store, then awesome.

Thread got too emotional. Morphed into something else. Deleting it was a good move.

Reaction score
Glad the thread is gone. While it may have been his wife who put the fish in the pond, he certainly could have removed them right away if he were so against it, and well before they multiplied. He accepted their existence by doing nothing about them in the beginning. He was obligated to find an ethical remedy, for which he refused. Blowing up something may be something a younger child may try, but an adult, sorry, some serious issues there.

Reaction score
The "cheap" feeder comets at the pet store here are like $1.99 each. To get a comet that's 4" lone, you can count on paying $7.99. To get one that's like 8", you're looking at paying $14.99. I can see why people would be willing to pay gas to come get comets.

Reaction score
A bit more expensive here. At 4" I paid $9.99 each. IF you can find 6" they are $19.99... I have a few local ads up. I am asking $40 for ALL of our comets. Smallest is 5-6" and most are about 9" (7 of them), plus a 12+" white goldfish, and as many comet babies the person may want (think we have about 40 caught so far). I would actually GIVE them to someone if they are close enough that I can view their pond (that they actually have one). Otherwise, I want to price them just high enough to not get the calls from people looking for feeders... Sooner or later they will find a new home, til then, they stay here:)

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Wish I could get the 12" white from you. I'm looking for some 10" plus long tailed comets and none to be found here. I did find a really nice 7" black and red yesterday for $20. Got it home and put it in the 75 gallon for observation and QT. This morning I walked into the office and with great horror found I forgot to release it after I floated and started adding water. Poor guy, That's the first time I ever left one in a bag all night like that and I really feel bad for buying it now.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
aww darn fishin that sucks, I have been slow about releasing but not forgetting.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
We went out to eat the stopped by and looked at a store I like to go to in another town about 1.5 hours away. By the time we got home it was after midnight. I let it float for 15 minutes, went out twice and added water. Was checking the forums and my eyes started burning. I leaned back in the chair and feel asleep. When I woke up I didn't even put the dogs in the doghouse. Just went to bed not even thinking. Guess I'm a bad fish keeper too now. :sad: :redface: But wasn't intentional.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
The "cheap" feeder comets at the pet store here are like $1.99 each. To get a comet that's 4" lone, you can count on paying $7.99. To get one that's like 8", you're looking at paying $14.99. I can see why people would be willing to pay gas to come get comets.
For big'ns, definitely. For the $8 or less ones, not so much. For .30 cents, I can get 2" ones and 1 out of 3 might live, sometimes more.

Meh, big fish waste space for me in my water feature. I'd much rather have 12 comets 2" rather than 2 comets 6". I have had my 2" comets for a month and still the same size by keeping fish feedings to once a week. Once I improve my bio-filter, I'm gonna get a dozen rosey reds and a few more shunbunkins. If they get too big, then they're get'n tossed if can't give them away.

My fish role is for cosmetics. Attempting to rise them higher than this, in this context, serves no purpose for me.

Ask a Question