HOW TO HIDE LINER

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I get so frustrated when I can recall that I saw something on here, then can't find it again! You guys just have too many good ideas & suggestions to keep up with..... :D

Anyway, a while back someone had drawings of what the liner would look like coming up & over a berm, then how it was "finished off." Seem to recall that they showed the liner going over the berm, then back over itself... After reading PECAN's post of 4-24, have starting thinking I need to tweak things a bit. Would appreciate it if any of you guys who have ideas regarding ways to hide a liner would post drawings. I didn't take that into account when we dug, but now wanting to add a little "rock-shelf" in a few places (especially where the turtles will be) in order to hide and anchor the liner.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Jw will post a picture of her lining when she read this, the liner is slightly below water, goes across the below water ledge up and out of the pond. Rocks stacked on the ledge that is below the water, rocks also stacked on top up and out of the pond. If the water level changes you don't see the liner, the rocks on top of those rocks, cover the edge and the berm

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
hi something like this
pond_edge.gif

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
good drawings ! way better than my words lol.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yeah, WHISKEY, exactly like that!!!! Love the options!!! You GOOGLED that? But still trying to figure out how you're supposed to treat the "tail" or last bit of liner .... Does it go up & over, up & under, under & over, loop back, loop under .... I'm a little dense when it comes to figuring some things out.

BTW, took a screen shot -- won't lose it this time ;)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Look closely at the picts they show the tail of the liner, You can basically do anything, as long as it is above water level.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sounds like you got the idea TM so I won't post a photo. Good info above from all!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It's basically what was said and shown above. Just a ledge w/ rocks and then go up w/ more liner over a berm of dirt and place more rocks on top of the finished edge. That lower ledge you can make just a few inches high and the rocks you choose will cover the liner. Actually you could make more of those shelves if you wanted to............like stairs. Any size and kinds of rock will do. Ok I just went out and took these pix especially for you TM :)

IMG_3803.JPG

IMG_3797.JPG

IMG_3798.JPG

IMG_3799.JPG

IMG_3800.JPG

IMG_3801.JPG

IMG_3802.JPG

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It's basically what was said and shown above. Just a ledge w/ rocks and then go up w/ more liner over a berm of dirt and place more rocks on top of the finished edge. That lower ledge you can make just a few inches high and the rocks you choose will cover the liner. Actually you could make more of those shelves if you wanted to............like stairs. Any size and kinds of rock will do. Ok I just went out and took these pix especially for you TM :)

View attachment 42671

JW what is this floating in the attached pic?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Mostly it's Parrots feather just starting to get it's green buds and also some of the Ludwigia primrose vines that I got from CE. The Ludwigia tho has such tiny reddish buds right now that all you can see is the vine.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Love the pics, JW -- thank you! Are your rocks on a liner-covered ledge?

All I gotta do now is get some rocks! May have to start out with landscape bricks just to have something to hold the liner in place. Oh, and gotta go back and put some little "rock shelves" in...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes rocks are on top of liner all around. There are some added rocks in the soil too for decoration in places tho.

Ask a Question