Reaction score
Country
United States
She's the star of our pond!
20210429_095159.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Really well. I gave them a small amount if food yesterday morning and they became more active. My husband went out this morning and they came over immediately and they were ravenous (sp?). He fed them more, but not as much as usual. They are so beautiful and I was just sick about the thought of losing them. The white one is Harlow and she was 4" when we got her. I think most of the big ones were that size. Long time since then. Thanks for asking. ThT leaf is 7-8" across.
View attachment 138406
So as I'm sitting out here watching and it appears one of the Comets is struggling. I've seen this type of swimming before. I don't know if he will make it. Is it humane to just let them alone and hope they survive? At what point do you end their pain? They are all still swimming around in a more normal way.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Best thing to do is put them in a hospital tank . Add some stress coat and run activated cheap carbon filter with an air stone. Feed very very little and if you do observe flashing or fuzzy tails or sores them you'll need to do more homework but at least it may not contaminate the pond

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Good to see your fish are doing well. They are very pretty fish.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Best thing to do is put them in a hospital tank . Add some stress coat and run activated cheap carbon filter with an air stone. Feed very very little and if you do observe flashing or fuzzy tails or sores them you'll need to do more homework but at least it may not contaminate the pond
Good to know. I am watching closely. I won't be feeding them every day and will keep it at a minimum.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good to see your fish are doing well. They are very pretty fish.
Yes they are pretty and so wonderful to watch. I love how they will interact with people. They are pretty big and we haven't really started feeding them yet. By the end of summer they will seem giant!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Perhaps instead of rehoming the big ones, you could expand the pond? Maybe add a bog filter, which will reduce the need for cleaning filters, and the need for water changes.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Perhaps instead of rehoming the big ones, you could expand the pond? Maybe add a bog filter, which will reduce the need for cleaning filters, and the need for water changes.
It is not possible to expand. The location won't work. I will look up the big filter. It would be great to reduce cleaning task and I bet my koi would like it. They are doing really good. I can hardly believe it. That won't happen again!!!

Ask a Question