sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well they have sea weed masks and facials why not .I saw one spa advertise a full body sea weed wrap they say it makes the skin softer and more youthful

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Pecan, soooo agree with you! My dogs sneak into the litter box ... my daughter called it "chewies" ... YUCK!!! I, therefore, clean out the box before the little Boston is allowed out of her crate.
Loved the phrase "test bunny", Addy! Yes, I think JW would be a wonderful tester of the algae facial masks. We want pics too, of course, don't do anything new without posting pics you know ....

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ah so if it works well on I and the cat gang you all will be ready to spend the big bucks I plan to charge for the specially prepared tinctures that I rig up eh?
chemist221.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Finally somebody found out it is not just me that runs out of them CE!

Reaction score
any one figure out the secret to getting rid of string alge?? Its taking over my pond and clogging my pumps, so much i have to clean them twice a week. i tried kitty litter last year and it marginally helped.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When I had the massive attacks in my arizona pond, I used peroxide, once the algae got growing well, I would dose the pond with 1 liter for each 1000 gallons (no koi) That would wipe out the algae until the next spring hit. I would keep a lot of aeration going. I used 14 liters of peroxide, just dumped it in the stream, with a small amount of time between bottles. The stuff would be gone in the next few days. No koi, just goldfish and shubunkins.

Here I have had no issues with string algae.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Addy, do you mean that maybe it's best not to use peroxide with koi, or you're just warning in case it's more harmful to them? I don't remember the things I read saying that koi were more likely to be hurt by the peroxide, and that aeration was a key to keeping the water healthy as the algae dies off.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have read it does not affect them, but also have read some say it makes their gills red. I always add the disclaimer I do not have koi, when I mention how I treat my pond. My filtration etc, so koi keepers know mine is a non koi pond.

Someone did post they had koi used it without an issue. If you want to try it and are concerned use lower amounts.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have some Barley/Peat extract on hand and have ordered some activated carbon to get rid of the brown if I do end up using the Barley/Peat. I hope with my skippies and mini bog I wont need to resort to it, but it is good to have on hand just in case and will be a good test for it's effectiveness.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They have the activated charcoal onsale at pet mountain 4.68 for 3 lbs I ordered 4 of them and got the 49 dollar free shipping they were offering

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
They have the activated charcoal onsale at pet mountain 4.68 for 3 lbs I ordered 4 of them and got the 49 dollar free shipping they were offering

That is where I got it from :) I saw a prior post mentioning pet mountain and they were much cheaper than every where else I looked. Mine arrived today :)

Ask a Question