How to save a few Pennies on treatments

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We all need to treat our fish from time to time yes and you want to save a bit of money "well who doesnt",:D
Weve found that if you go out and buy the largest bottle of chemicals to treat your fish with , you could very well be throwing money away with each bottle you buy.:(
It's recomended you throw away any opened bottles of chemicals every six months ok so now with the larger you have a problem in that youve a lot of chemicals left to use and nothing to use them on :( .
Weve found the best way to approach this problem is to buy the smaller bottles , 9's out of 10 you'll use it all up or have very little left in it to throw away, thus at the end of the season less wasteage to get rid of and less money thrown away down the drain.:cool:(y)

Dave;)

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's a good idea to check the expiration dates on any medications you may keep on hand as well (opened or not) Not too long ago I was going through some of my fishy stuff and I couldn't believe how old some of it was :oops:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
It's a good idea to check the expiration dates on any medications you may keep on hand as well (opened or not) Not too long ago I was going through some of my fishy stuff and I couldn't believe how old some of it was :oops:
Thats the whole point Maria here in the UK you simply dont see this date this is why we stick to the six months and ditch rule and the small;er bottle , much less waste and more importantly much less money thrown down the drain litereally :)

Dave ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
That's interesting Dave, They don't have to have expiration dates on medications in the UK?
I've looked on every bottle of treatments we have and each has had no expiry date thats looking at the lid the side on the acctual sticker and the bottom of each bottle If they are boxed I've even looked on the box still nothing:(
Why they dont I dont know you'd think it would work out in their favour wouldnt you if they did do this as we would be using more .:confused:

Dave;)

Ask a Question