How to situate the Laguna Power Jet 600 Pump?

Reaction score
I always kept my laguna pump on a pair pf bricks. It clogs way too quickly if you just leave it on the pond bottom. Be sure to check the pump at least once per week and rinse it off, as if you don't the case that that protects the pump gets covered in muck and will float up and then you can easily lose water from the pond. If you can strap the pump case to the brick, you are better off.

FXM

Reaction score
Yet another mind boggling question from me...sorry! When I place the Laguan Power Jet 600 pump into the pond, shoud it be placed on somekind of cinder block or platform? Should it only be placed on the bottom of the pond itself? Does the Laguna Power Jet prime itself to the Laguna Pressure Fitler?

Thanks!

FXM

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
During warm months i put the pump on the bottom
During the winter i pull it up higher in the water
the pump does not need priming
If you want to set it on something a old clay pot would be good,
it would be a good idea to have it sit up a little so that if something went wrong you will still have water for the fish

Reaction score
There's a bit of a debate over whether you should put a submerged pump on the bottom to pick up all the muck, or on a block so that if a hose fails then there is some water left for the fish and the pond isn't emptied.

I decided to put mine on the bottom to pick up all the horrible muck and used flexible hose to take it to just below the surface of the water, where I then use rigid soldered pipework all the way through the UV and up to the filter.

The rigid pipework is unlikely to fail in a way that flexible hoses do and leave you with an empty pond.

Ask a Question