how to stop mice

Reaction score
what is a good way to stop mice from chewing your liner under your water fall or edge of your pond

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Have never heard of them doing that. If you can isolate exactly where they are entering behind your liner I would drop some poison bait and get rid of them or you could get a snake..

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I have heard of this, Actually had it happen first hand! Remove any food sourses that may be attracting them, (I had to remove the dog and cat food bowls and put them back inside, this is what was attracting them to the pond area) I placed some Mice and rat sticky pads around the area where the other animals couldn't get to them, also if you see a snake in the area and it's not a dangerous species, leave it, mice will avoid a area where a snake has made a home. another thing you can try is sprinkling red and black pepper around the area, This gets in there sinuses and irritates them, they will usually move away from a area that is not suited for there liking.

Reaction score
we have fields near us and we are the only water near this area so we get all kinds of animals coming in and out of the yard so it will be hard to stop them but will try all the great Ideas you have gave me thanks

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Can you make some areas where there is shallow water for them to drink? You could also take the expanding foam to fill in areas that give them a hiding spot while chewing your liner, they feel safe there. Take away that safe feeling.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
addy1 said:
Can you make some areas where there is shallow water for them to drink? You could also take the expanding foam to fill in areas that give them a hiding spot while chewing your liner, they feel safe there. Take away that safe feeling.

thanks for mentioning that, I did that as well using the foam and forgot about it until you posted, I have not seen any signs of them chewing on any of the foam

Ask a Question