Howdy From AR! UNIQUE POND!!!

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
We are currently building a "tiny house" (kind of, under 1000 sq ft.) in AR and it is almost finished.
The yardwork is almost finished as well (flowers, trees, etc) the acres of the property is 30 acres so a bunch of room to make mistakes lol, untouched land to :) garden calls.
We hope to make a U shaped pond in the NEAR future, we have it layed out with spraypaint, etc. Goal is about a month we will get it started, started as in digging... Hand digging in Arkansas with a spud bar. Hard living...
Anyway I will post a pic of the pond layout once I make a journal, pond will be Planted, submersed and emersed plant, will be HUGE, unique shape (U), and like I said submersed and emersed planted. Why submersed? im addicted to freshwater plants, I have Dutch Aquascaped high tech aquariums myself :) so I must have some sort of piece of the pond to my own... or for the plants LOL
Glad to be here, and hope to stay for a long time.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and congrats on your tiny house and land .But now you have to think about predators also .U shaped may be hard for a liner .Meaning a lot of wasted liner and a lot of folds ,very hard to shape also .

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
welcome and congrats on your tiny house and land .But now you have to think about predators also .U shaped may be hard for a liner .Meaning a lot of wasted liner and a lot of folds ,very hard to shape also .
Predators are a simply detoured thing here... All you need is 2 pure bred shorthair (true) German shepherds and your predators will never think of coming here :)
As for liner we have already planned it out, not a problem. *hint* Go Bid Or Go Home *hint*

Last edited:

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
U shaped...that should be nice. I would love to build one round with a natural island in the middle of it with a bridge to the island. Post pictures as you progress.

BTW...I think I forgot to
welcomeb.gif
you when you joined the other day.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I will definitely make a (as we call it on the aquascaping forums) journal of the pond. I am mainly excited for the underwater aspect of it as im going to aquascape it.
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Nate

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome! We have a tiny house in our back yard (the original builder built it in 1948 and lived in it until our house was done 1952). It great, my brother and his girlfriend who are minimalists live in it. It's 20' x 20' with a 10' x 10' living room, a 10' x 10' bedroom, a small kitchen and small bathroom. The furnace is in the attic and there is a tankless water heater in the wall behind the shower.

Would love to see pics of yours. Always looking for ideas as we have some land we may build one on.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I don't think I could compare my house to that! ill go up @pecan and take some pictures later :D its still being built (its been day 200 something... for a small house... contractor sucks) so it may not look spic and span!

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Just a test post to see if videos work on here; in this case ill just take a long video of a house and garden tour. Guess ill start my own journal to, where would I do that at on here?

URL]

player.swf

Ask a Question