howdy from Jersey

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
hi all, I'm Walt from New Jersey, climate is here is 6b

I have become an accidental ponder after rescuing 10 fish yesterday. "Found" the fish last week from a lady who will be moving to Florida next month, and didn't have anyone to give them a new home. Temps are too cold to dig and the fish will be over wintering in the garage, its already 20F outside now. Last night was the fish first overnight in their new home and I've been checking on them frequently like babies.

I have zero pond experience and limited aquarium knowledge. Most of my fish don't last very long, so l am here with hopes that you can help me see that these little guys and gals make it through the winter and provide advice when time comes in the spring to build them a nice outside forever home.

looking forward to meeting you all here and happy holidays to those who celebrate!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and you came to the right place for advice .What kind of fish and how big .I am from Edison NJ and retired here .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Welcome and you came to the right place for advice .What kind of fish and how big .I am from Edison NJ and retired here .
small world, I moved from North Edison 6 years ago, was near Inman and Grove, was there for 10 yrs

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I lived on Old Post RD near the ford plant and moved here in 2004 to retire .Strange word huh .Lived there for just over 10 years .Hated the traffic and taxes .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I lived on Old Post RD near the ford plant and moved here in 2004 to retire .Strange word huh .Lived there for just over 10 years .Hated the traffic and taxes .
haha, same for me, don't miss the traffic one bit, did you have a pond in Edison?
you probably know the plant is now Walmart world

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had a fountain pond it was all concrete .Sons and there friends brought fish home fro the fall festival in Edison .Yep fond memories of it and the union hall and riches bar .Not many of the guys left there most headed to other plants or to warmer weather .hubby and I retired

Ask a Question