Howdy from Oklahoma

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hey everyone. Getting my feet wet in this whole pond building thing. Nothing built yet, but on my way. After a very non-chalant promise to my wife to build her a water garden, I quickly realized it was not just dig a hole and turn on the water faucet. So anyways... off we go to start the addiction!
Here's the initial plan, the okie way!
20180622_131713.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! I drew our pond out with a hose..............hubby demanded a lay out, he sort of got one.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and remember best view area and also ease of running electricity and if you are going to add electric put it on it's own breaker and add more outlets than needed .1 time bill and no return bill from your electrician /My son did mine and put the outlets on switch's so if I have to turn them off it is easier especially when my steps may get icy .He told me he loves me and sure does not want to get a call that I have fallen because of the pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6B (-5 to 0 F)
Country
United States
That’s how my pond happened. Had the idea. Told the husband and before we knew it we were in over our head but fully committed. Can’t wait to see the finished pond! This forum is invaluable as far as helpful advice, encouragement and honest feedback. Good luck.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Welcome! I’m glad to see I’m not the only okie here! I used a hose to get a layout for the pond I’m digging now, it gives nice natural curves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Good look with the build. It's a great feeling when done and all the hard work (digging) is done. Please post a pic or two when done.

Ask a Question