Howdy from Texas

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here but not new to ponds or fish keeping. I've been raising fish since childhood. We moved into this house about 7 years ago with the pond already in and running. Moved out 3 years ago and rented the house out (never again!!) The tenant trashed the pond, full of leaves and mud, torn liner and overgrown. We moved back in 6 months ago and I've spent the last 8 weekends cleaning, patching and cleaning!
Think i got it now!! up and running again, just need to re-landscape around it. next come fish.
About Me: My name is Jim, I work in an office in Benbrook, TX (southwest Fort Worth) I live in Granbury. I'am also a vol. firefighter.

Reaction score
welcome Jim and what a shame to hear about your tenants, nice to hear you didn't just fill it in and be done with it

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and yes renters can do a job on some properties .I know addy has rentals and went through the same thing .Some people just have no common decency .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
WELCOM1227788.gif
FireCaptJim

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
welcomefromgang4.gif
to our group!

Just got to love renters, my renters are good in arizona, but they had no pond desires. So I was paying a professional to take care of it. Then we had a water leak, they blamed the pond, (water bill 800). So I had the pond torn down. In the process of tearing it down, the leak was found, a broken 1 inch always on water line 3 feet down at the edge of the pond, flowing into our gravel pit that we built for excess water from rains. So the leak was never seen.

I kept trying to walk them through how to check for what was leaking, but didn't get anywhere. Some people can't follow how to track down a leak. I should have just flown back, but now saving 150 a month no more professional pond keeper.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums! :) Sorry to hear about the state that your tenants left the house in, it never fails to amaze me how careless some people are with property that isn't theirs!!

Ask a Question