Howdy from TX

Karen

I'd rather be Fishin'
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! So glad to come across this forum. I have so many questions. My kids and I are building a koi pond....its in the progress stage. Have our pond dug out. It'll be about 2000 gals. It will have a waterfall and it's shaped like a "U" so the middle will look like an island, which is where the waterfall comes from. The kids can't wait to go shopping for the Koi...and just today all the equipment came in. I'm thinking I spent way too much money already...OUCH! Bought the Big Bahama Series with the ShinMaywa pump. Hope it all works. Tomorrow is my birthday and when asked...."what do you want for your birthday...I said...."rocks for the koi pond." Ready to get to work. Have a nice day all.....

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Welcome aboard, Big Bahama is a nice filter system and will last for many years. I've seen a couple set up at a dealer I go to and they have been running for over three years now flawlessly. Once it's done, it's worth every cent you put into them Best of luck!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
CatInWateringCan.gif
Karen You're gonna love having your new pond and we will enjoy getting to watch you build it and add your fish. Hoping you will post pix and if you have any questions we are glad to be of help :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Karen, Welcome! You may want your pond to stabilize a little before introducing fish or take it really slow in the beginning. You should read about pond cycling on old garden pond forum posts when starting up a new pond. Good luck!

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the forum !!
My wife is not so happy when i buy her something useful for her birthday ..lol

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
DrCase said:
Welcome to the forum !!
My wife is not so happy when i buy her something useful for her birthday ..lol

Laughing Drcase, I was ecstatic with the useful tractor my honey bought me for our first anniversary pressie. Now have a pond and plants instead of grass to mow! lol

Ask a Question