Howdy Y'all

Reaction score
Hello from South Texas! I have a 2 year old pond (so I think I'm still a Newbie!) but I love my fish pond and all the critters that have set up housekeeping there. Frogs, lizards, birds and even a little red eared slider turtle that showed up from who knows where. In addition to my fishy friends I also have 2 miniature horses, Cottontail and Geronimo, and my babies Maggie the Scottie, Rusty the Beagle, Blackie the Poodle, Yogi the Red Heeler, Peaches the Tabby and Mr. Slinky the Siamese.

Thank you for welcoming me to the Forum. Happy Ponding!!

Sandi G

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the group!
WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif

Post some pictures of your collection, we all love to see what others have done.

My pond is whatever lives in it is welcome pond, sounds like yours is too!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
CatBox.gif
Sandi
Yes we would love to see pix of all your critters. I've just got 3 cats, the goldfish pond and a very large Sailfin Pleco but I do love every kind of critter you can think of except maybe slugs :lol:

Reaction score
Oh I love my Plecos! Mine were seined from the Rio Grande River by my yard guy. I have 2 that are about 12" and 3 at about 6". They are just common plecos but I think they are pretty cool and they keep my pond rocks tidy. I also feed them cucumbers and squash.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
They do love the cukes and squash don't they. Here's a picture of my guy or gal?
He's the last of the fish left in my indoor tank and I'm not getting any more. He's 12" long.
DH is retired now and I may have to find a home for him when we take off all the time.
I've had him for several years................the fish I mean.............. I've had DH for a lot longer
giggle.gif

Here is a pix of mine:

IMG_0027.jpg

Here is a pix below of a Sailfin...........not mine but just thought I'd throw this up to show what the Sailfins top fin looks like.

SailfinPleco.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks DrDave, he would be a nice addition to someone who has a very large tank :LOL:

Reaction score
Awesome! If you have to find a new home for your pleckie you might consider donating to a school or the Ronald McDonald House in your area. My grandaughter's third grade class has a great aquarium all donated, and each kid has a responsibility day for the aquarium. I am on the board of RMHC and we also have a great aquarium that was donated for the visiting families to enjoy. Thanks for sharing your pics!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
:welcome sgrawunder to the forum .I love algae eaters I think there funny little cleaning machines .I want to get a garra pingi pingi for my pond I have been checking out everything about them .I have heard they can be agressive to some fish ,but others say they are docile fish .One sight said it killed some of his goldfish .But I like the fact they eat there fair share of algae .Has any one had any experience with them .I am getting black trapdoor snails also from springdale gardens here in VA .They have a really beautiful garden center and sell plants a pond stuff and fish also. ahhh ok JW glad you kept hubby for awhile and you are not looking for a home for him LOL :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Ask a Question