j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm just going to give him away to a nice home where they have a large aquarium and will know how to take care of him but not right yet as we won't be traveling much til we get organized.
I will have to check into the donation to a school or something like the Ronald McDonald idea :LOL:

Reaction score
im going to look into algae eaters too because i have no problem with the pond being green (thanks to my uv) but the rocks have that little bit of like dead algae so maybe a couple can clear that up

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
There is a lot of info online about garra pingi pingis but no real life info .They say they are for ponds and can take cold thats about all .Black trap door snails eat algae too

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thats what they say and my neighbor got hers last spring so figured she would be the tester for them and I am going to get them this spring.They look fine in her pond and there kinda funny too .They give birth to live babies and carry them on there back .She got 6 for her pond as they will have babies and at 1.99 each thats all she could afford .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The Pleco's won't live outside in the winter unless you live in a warm climate year round.
Mine is in as aquarium indoors.
They would be pretty hard to catch and bring in for the winter I would think and they have these sharp spikey things on the side of their heads :rolleyes:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have seen them for twice that price so Tammy got them cheap .I am going up to springdale gardens this spring .You can check them out on Tripper.com and they sell them on E-Bay also

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I checked garra pingi pingi's here and on the internet they say the temp you can keep them in a pond .They really don't look much like your algae eater JW .I wish I could keep a regular algae eater as I think they are cute .Never knew they had sharp spikey things on there heads is that there to protect them from nosey fish

Reaction score
well i could dig up some pics but we go on vacation in Florida and live right on the bank of a lake and me being only 13 i go look around and the plekos are eating under the bank so every time i go we grab them by the tail and hold them up and them are pretty cool but the spikes aren't that bad

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The spikes are mostly a problem w/ getting caught in nets. I've never tried to find out if they could hurt my hands...........I'll pass on that experiment :rolleyes:

Ask a Question