Hozelock ecocel 10000 water filter - HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone, i had a pond installed last year this year its a nasty green colour so i was advised to get a filter - my brother chose the one above but the instructions with it are awful! i'm really struggling to set it up.
i have a pump and a small water blade it will be attached to.
any help would be much appreciated

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. Looks like this might be your filter:

What specifically is the issue you are having?

Unless your filter has an UltraViolet module, suspended green algae may still be an issue. Many folks on this forum use bog filtration which tends to be more effective and less maintenance, especially with algae problems.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1653062954288.gif
@alih52

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome to our group! But sorry, don’t know anything about this filter.

What do the instructions say to do (you said they were awful)? Maybe someone on here can help you decipher them.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum. Looks like this might be your filter:

What specifically is the issue you are having?

Unless your filter has an UltraViolet module, suspended green algae may still be an issue. Many folks on this forum use bog filtration which tends to be more effective and less maintenance, especially with algae problems.
thank you yes thats the one, although mine has 2 spouts coming out rather than the one - that's the confusing part. the water comes in the top and filters through the sponge layer and the other bits then come out one if the spouts with filtered water. the other spout( hole) is at the same level and the water is pouring out before its had a chance to filter through the sponge etc

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
From what I was able to find, there are 2 types of media in the filter. Foam sheets and some type of bio- balls. You may want to try calling Hozlock and see if their tech support can help. You may have the wrong size pump for the filter

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Looks like it could be too much flow as mentioned since it looks like the outlets also serve as over flows:
"The filter outlet connector and overflow moulding (2 off each on Ecocel 20000) should be secured to the side of the vessel"
Are you using the recommended pump-Titan 3000 according to instructions? Looks like the 10000 series should handle around
2250 lph ( 500gph) of flow.

Ask a Question