sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I found my piece of all places where I bought my zero turn lawnmower .I went there to get a filter and oil and noticed all the plastic bits and pieces while waiting .You can use a clamp to clamp it to the hose ,but use a stainless steel one .I don't like the kind of pipe you have it cracked and split on me after only a couple of months use and 25 dollars poorer

I use sump pump hose and it is now in it's 3 rd season and at 10 dollars how could you beat that .I also have solid rubber which is great and my neighbor in a pinch used her garden hose on one of my pumps .She has one of those hoses in 25 ft piece that is drinking water safe .I have even bought sprinkler parts because some of those work .and parts for well hook ups .

H

humbirdlover

Oh no, didn't know about that hose. I'll look into the sump pump hose, thanks :) I was just trying to use what I had...I have that kind of hose coming from my pump, knock on wood, no leaks so far. I'm going to make one more run in town looking for the right connections/fittings. And if no success, need to take Grandson to Winchester next Wednesday, so can go by the plumping place there, betcha they will have what I need. Still running the water thru quilt batting, haven't noticed a big change yet, but it's a lot of green in it when I rinse it out, so sooner or later, I should be able to see the bottom. It's been so long, hard to tell what's down there, LOL

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep will take a week or more to get it clear but it will happen .I paid good money for that hose and took it back to lowes and showed them all the cracks in it and they notified the company dealer and he finally got back to me and gave me credit to buy something else in there line of stuff at lowes .A pool net works the best and is cheaper than pond nets but yours is smaller and if you have a sporting goods store I did get a net there cheaper .

H

humbirdlover

you will laugh when you find out..I have been using the little green aquarium nets. They're cheap and I just tie it to a pole and it works, LOL

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Hey I use them to :razz: in the waterfall and have one taped to a curtain rod ,so i'm with you on that .Bought them at ollies for 99 cents .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
duck tape is not just for ducks :razz: or is that ducts .poor little quakers

H

humbirdlover

lol if it works it works!
Thought about you awhile ago. I was mowing, and finally got nerve enough to dig up a clump of Lobelia, or Cardinal flower, that grows wild in a run that goes down thru our property. All grown up, and snakey, but the plant was worth it if it lives, LOL I should wash all the mucky off and plant in a pot with kitty litter, and put it's feet in the water? Right? It was growing in mud in the ditch.

H

humbirdlover

I found my piece of all places where I bought my zero turn lawnmower .I went there to get a filter and oil and noticed all the plastic bits and pieces while waiting .You can use a clamp to clamp it to the hose ,but use a stainless steel one .I don't like the kind of pipe you have it cracked and split on me after only a couple of months use and 25 dollars poorer

I use sump pump hose and it is now in it's 3 rd season and at 10 dollars how could you beat that .I also have solid rubber which is great and my neighbor in a pinch used her garden hose on one of my pumps .She has one of those hoses in 25 ft piece that is drinking water safe .I have even bought sprinkler parts because some of those work .and parts for well hook ups .
Gonna check that out for sure. Just took a second look at the picks, and the adapters are included?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thought about you awhile ago. I was mowing, and finally got nerve enough to dig up a clump of Lobelia, or Cardinal flower, that grows wild in a run that goes down thru our property. All grown up, and snakey, but the plant was worth it if it lives, LOL I should wash all the mucky off and plant in a pot with kitty litter, and put it's feet in the water? Right? It was growing in mud in the ditch.
My lobelia did not come back in the water bog, it did come back in the land bog. So can't say it will do well, it may have been crowded, not enough sun, or just did not feel like living lol.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
maybe it did not like fish poo addy :razz: It comes with adapters but they were to big for my pump and did not feel like looking for the fittings to make it fit so will keep them in my bag of tricks for future use .Plus already had bought the stuff to adapt to the hose before that .I did use one it fit my pump for my underground water tanks .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
maybe I didn't have enough fish poo, this was last year, have very few fish in the pond.

H

humbirdlover

I think I see some improvement, it's been 8 days :)

9102012pond.JPG9102012pond2.JPG

Ask a Question