sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ok have to get a new one and want to know if anyone has what and are you happy with it .My humidity level in the house is only 24 % and should be around 33 % .I was looking them up and saw the cool and warm mist ultrasonic ones are the best and very quiet .Are you happy with it and would you buy a similar model or brand again I have a small cool tabletop mist one for now .But need a bigger one.Lennox was here and told me I should get another one .

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
My air conditioning runs 24/7 and pretty much for all 12 months of the year.
It dries the air inside the house.
However, we have many aquariums. They evaporation is pretty considerable. But not enough to be a mold maker.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I keep my heat pump on 76 all summer in air mode and in heat mode 76 also .I have been looking at cool mist humidifier that do not harbor mold or need replacement filters that can harbor mold

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I'm no help.....I worry about remote possibilities...like Legionnaires Disease :eek: Just kidding, but I don't use humidifiers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Once upon a time I used one but found that with all my plants inside (basement greenhouse plus about 30 distributed around the house) for the winter plus aquariums, even in January I can keep the humidity easily above 40%. Then again, the house is pretty tight so maybe that's why the air never seems to dry out.

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
Once upon a time I used one but found that with all my plants inside (basement greenhouse plus about 30 distributed around the house) for the winter plus aquariums, even in January I can keep the humidity easily above 40%. Then again, the house is pretty tight so maybe that's why the air never seems to dry out.
...Something to consider is that I take for granted that our climate has a 100% humidity index this time of year.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My indoor humidity is at 26 % this morning with the small cool mist one going .I know Humidity helps you stay warmer and helps your skin .I would love old fashioned radiators like I had in my first house .My house in NJ had a humidifier on the heater that ran during the winter .I had to clean it and start it up when heat came on .I heard ultrasonic ones are better .That is what the small one is that I have now .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
this time of the year depends .Lately it has been around 40 % .I use a heat pump and heat pumps catch whatever warm air is outside to heat the house .But it has been damp and light rain just about every night and lots of dew also .The indoor humidity stays around 24 to 28 % humidity .The guy from lennox that was here said it should be around 33% indoors .I have a cool mist humidifier but it is small .The house is large so it takes a lot to humidify the space .I have a dehumidifier in the basement because of the plants and tanks and the floors in the house are all insulated and then covered with this heavy black membrane .The lennox heat pump was installed in 2014 and is a 2 stage dual compressor 17 seer heat pump .Now they are going to replace the compressor for the second time since it was installed .Thing is Mckinney heating and air here was the number 1 installer for this area but had to admit to the lennox rep. that they had never installed the bigger unit before .Most here get the 14 seer units .Rep . was not happy from lennox .I told him now you know how I feel .I want them to change out everything .They have my cash make me happy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I looked at the paper he left and it states at the time of day he was here outdoor humidity was 30% and indoor humidity was 24 % ..He told me if indoor humidity was higher it would feel warmer to us .I was looking at another cool mist ultrasonic humidifier because some can get bacteria and release it into the air

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
You indoor humidity sounds about right. You can raise the indoor humidity by sealing around all doors and vents, but you don't want to promote poor indoor air quality either.
I use a heat recovery ventilator to control our indoor humidity.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The house is sealed well as I had the blower test done on the house .But was reading more about heat pumps and humidity levels and it all says 30 to 35 % humidity is optimum .On my house in NJ I had a humidifier that was on the heating system .But that was tradition heating and air unit .I loved my steam radiators in my first house ,always warm

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We keep our humidity between 30-35%. It does make the house feel warmer and keeps the static electricity down. If we let it get too dry in the house the dogs get shocked any time they touch anything and the smoke detectors go off constantly!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That is true and makes your skin dry and itchy also and yep doggie shocks are not good .The dogs give you a dirty look .Normally summers are humid enough here and since we don't like it cold in the house in the summer so heat pump is usually on 76 and in the winter the same for heat 76 .Since the house is well built it helps some .Most here think the house is way over built for here .I think the more insulation you can add the better pay back to you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snowy

Latest Threads