Hummingbird on the nest

Reaction score
Delicate indeed! It looks like it's made from spun silk. And she decorated it with leaves, too!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Beautiful! Thank you...as I take another sip of my coffee.
lol I'm doing the same thing!:D

@RobAmy Nice shot!
This morning looking out the sliding door, I saw something small and dark on the deck I couldn't figure out what it was at first, it was so small! It turned out to be a baby wren just out of the nest, I thought to myself ..wouldn't it be nice to have RobAmy's skills and equipment right about now:ROFLMAO:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
My hummingbird nests hang from tree branch's .I can see them but can't get pics .I thought at first it was bees ,but nope hummers .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
I'm not sure what happened to the humming birds this year, they don't seem to be around like they used to

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
I have plenty 8 feeders and fill the 2 times a day .They are breaking the bank .

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
Must I say it again?
Fine..
Its beautiful...!

:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
Not sure I've ever seen a hummingbird nest. Neat picture.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Not sure I've ever seen a hummingbird nest. Neat picture.
If you have Hummers, you must also have their nests, but they're so small and hard to spot

Reaction score
We have seen lots of hummingbirds this year and were surprised to see them perching in our crabapple tree, five or six at a time. They also hovered a lot under our white pines... not sure what was up with that! Maybe catching some bugs under there. There certainly were more than a few mosquitoes if they are partial to the bloodsuckers!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Very cool picture. I love Costa Rica with all their natural habitat. I saw a hummingbird by our pond over the weekend and again tonight right after I planted some flowers by the pond. It was only a few feet from where I was standing. They are amazing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
I have a waterfall in my pond and a birdbath fountain on my deck and a bunch of hummers in my yard, I have never seen hummers enjoying the water!
I was thinking of building something like this (video) but I'm pretty sure the other birds would takeover

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
@Gemma One time I was out water the flowers and I seen a hummingbird going into the spray. I put it on mist and that thing loved it. Keep flying into it and just hovering. It was amazing. Like you I never seen them use any of my water sources either. That video gives me some ideas.

Ask a Question