Hy Drive pumps

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
Anyone using the Hy drive pumps? Was planning on Sequence pumps because of the low power consumption but now I see the HY drives are good on power as well as work in a skimmer.
Sure gets confusing trying to plan on the best systems to use. Now thinking of using 2 smaller pumps to feed 2 bogs instead of 1 larger pump.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
remember to look at watts used and head height .That electric bill for some can be a shock .I have several people here that never thought about the electric used until they got their bill How big is your pond and why do you want that type pump

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
I have the Proline 2600 in two skimmer boexs. One has been running 24/7 for 5 years. I pull them out to clean when the WF flow slows. They come with a cage that is easilly removed allowing access to the impeller. I use Matala pads and quilt batting as a pre filter in the skimmer box

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I noticed something about those pumps they do not seem to list watts used.Are they scared to list the power they use to run them

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
I noticed something about those pumps they do not seem to list watts used.Are they scared to list the power they use to run them
They are listed on the box they come in. I just saw the info on line so I'm not sure where you are looking

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I looked at several sights and not 1 of them listed watts used .I only saw the pumps but not the boxes on the sights .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not against them just wondering why the sights I looked at them had no wattage and when I asked the told me to refer to the info sheet which there was none.I saw reviews and most said they were noisy even in the water they could hear them ,but with that I do not know how clean their ponds are either or how deep .I am afraid I always look at watts ,with the cost of electricity I try to conserve it as much as possible .Gosh I have a dryer and hang my clothes outside instead .I am even waiting for danville utilities to approve me for solar panels that they install

Ask a Question