Hyancith blooming

Reaction score
I have quite a few hyacinths in my pond and they are are looking very healthy but none of them have bloomed. I had one bloom last year but I can't remember what time of year it was.
When does everyone else's hyacinths bloom?
I am in Colorado in zone 5 and my pond is shaded about half of the day by a tree. My water tests normal.
I would really love to see them bloom this year. any suggestions?

Reaction score
Mine started blooming In late June and continue to bloom currently. One thing i have found that seems to help get them kickstarted is move them around. It seem like everytime I have to move them to clean stuff up a little they bloom within 48 hours. I think (and believe me I am no expert) that it stimulates their roots being moved around. Now I will go out there and pick them up clean the roots out and place them back to get more blooms. Works for me not sure why but it works.

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
The hyacinth that I had bloomed several times in early June. I'm not why my hyacinth grew and spread so fast, but about three weeks ago I had to completely take it out of my pond. It was taking over all of the open water, and crowding the water lillies.

Ask a Question