I am bit scared of gold fish!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
One day long back(may be 2-3 years back) I visited one of my friend's house for dinner party.

They had a pretty big aquarium with gold fishes(seemed like normal, not those bulky head or stomach type)

He told me a spooky story.

when he comes back from office he finds gold fish head floating (literally severed head)

This continued to happen more frequently.

Once when he had taken leave from office, he found a gold fish with bi color, (may be a red carp like) looked bit sick, sinking to bottom in the morning.

Later in the afternoon horrible thing happened, this almost freaked me out, he saw gold fishes were fighting over something, when he looked closer he found that that sick gold fish was half eaten from tail side by other gold fishes, they have turned from elegant looking creature to cannibal.

Can anyone explain why this happened?

He feed them fish food, sometimes rice or leaves as treat.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have heard people say during breeding they get aggressive and can injure or kill another fish and I have seen first hand fish that try to kill a sick fish .But I think that is all kinds of fish because these were shubbies .

Ask a Question