I am closing my pond and would like to give away the fish

Reaction score
I currently live in Huntington Beach but will be moving shortly and must close the pond. My pond is 160 gallon with a constant running filter and small waterfall. My fish are all Goldfish and some are around 4 years old. There is a new crop of babies that are about 2 months old. I am not sure how many fish I have as they swim quickly and hide in the anacharis.

There are approximately 10 adults that are 3" to 6" in length and there are approximately 10 babies that are about 1" to 2" in length. There are a number of anacharis plants, the filter, water treatment chemiclas and the water fall that I am willing to give to someone with a pond. I am not willing to deliver, so you will have to pick up the fish and equipment. I do have a couple of large heavy plastic bags that I got from a fish store. I will put the fish, sufficient pond water and anachris plants in these for transport.

I am moving in January 2013 so there is only about a 4 week time period or I will have to find a different solution.

If you are interested, please send me an email ([email protected]) so we can schedule this.

Mark

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomewintery89.gif
Mark
Wish I lived near you as I'd come pick all that up in a second. Hopefully you will find someone close. What a deal
xmassmiley16.gif

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
Humm don't know if I have room for them or I would give them a home.
Need to think about it some and talk to the boss and see if I can put another pond somewhere.

Can you get a few pics and post them that would help a lot.

I will also ask a few friends and see if anyone wants to give them a home.

Ruben

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh dear .I know that some parts of California ban goldfish because of that .

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello

markus, on 13 December 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

I am moving in January 2013 so there is only about a 4 week time period or I will have to find a different solution.

Mark
Mark, I hope you're not thinking what I think you're thinking????
no_toilet.gif

Oh no I will take them before it comes to that please please don't do that, If all else fails I will give them a home.

Ruben

Reaction score
I live in central california and just built a pond with about 1200 gallons, and i don't have any plants yet...well just a little bit of watercress. I had a few but lost them...due to someone else's bog build mistake. but that's all been fixed now. I'll send you an email...maybe I can add to my pond. that would be great.
I have two turtles that I've had for 20 years. I have fed them feeder fish before, but i know you wouldn't want them to end up being a gourmet meal for someone elses pets. They have actually lived with goldfish before and I'm not really sure why that is, but I have heard of other people who's turtles have accepted fish as part of the "family" . Maybe well fed turtles don't always want to wear themselves out chasing down something that's three times faster than they are. Anyways they have the mosquito fish if they want. But, I would still enjoy the plants, if you'd rather someone else have the fish. Ok, well i'll sent you an email...

susan

Reaction score
I am sorry I posted the way I did. I would never consider flushing fish! That is why I posted here. Alternatives for me are giving them to a tropical fish store for them to sell to someone else.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Did not really think that but know how hard it is sometimes to catch and even get rid of fish .Hope you found people on here to take them and least thin the herd

Ask a Question