I am fascinated

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
IMG_5860.JPG

Since I have a brand new pond.....and have two new fish.....Donald and Hillary.....but I am fascinated by the way they changed with water temperature....last week the water temperature was 63 degrees....this week it's 50 ...two cold Front's coming through....they are doing the same thing as they did last week....swimming around....still nibbling at the algae at the base of the waterfall.....but doing it in slow motion....In the words of "Spock"....Fascinating....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Being used to aquarium fish..... I never realized how temperature affected fish. Yeah Donald and Hillary are getting along great.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Just an update on Donald and Hillary....Donald is probably 24" plus and weighing in at least 10 lbs and Hillary 20" maybe 8 lbs....we got them kinda by accident went to a fish farm that sells Koi and game fish but the guy said they wouldn't have any Koi until April when they bring them back from the pond to sell....as we were leaving the guy said wait a minute I have two that didn't make it back to the pond last October.....they were in a stock tank with some channel catfish.... We bought both of them for $20 bucks..... But the update is when we first got them they were extremely shy....but now they are coming around.... Been feeding them since the first of February.... Each afternoon when I get home from work I go out and they don't shy off....they just sit there and look at me....I throw the feed in and they start the same routine.... Make a slow circle through the food then circle around the pond then make another pass.... Nothing frantic just slow and methodical.....although if I make sudden movements they will take off.... They are our anchor fish....others in the future may come and go but they will be here as long as we have a pond..... Also the water temperature since the first of February has not been below 55 Deg. No ill effects from feeding them, they seem to enjoy it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snowy

Latest Threads