I am looking to join my original pond to a new one without making to many changes is it possible to. Make a 10 inch round hole using a pipe from one p

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IAM looking to make my pond bigger by digging another one by the side and joining them by making a 10 inch round hole using a plastic pipe between the old pond and new one so fish can go yfrom one pond to another the original pond is rubber liner.
Is this possible if so what sort of pipe would you recommend.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1595640855090.gif
@Jobbo johnson
I guess it would be possible but I have no knowledge on how.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Maybe drainage pipe? They make that stuff pretty large. It's that corregated black plastic stuff. Members here have used that in their bogs for what is called a centipede. Maybe there's fittings for that that can make a seal.

My biggest concern would be sealing each hole in the liners. I'm a big fan of bulkhead fittings, but I'm not sure they make them that large. You may have to find other means to seal the connections.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I include a couple of photos the tube/tunnel would go under the tiles IAM digging out plants and making hole deeper it's about 3foot square the new bit going down to 4 feet deep.

Attachments

• IMG_20200721_122046.jpg
    IMG_20200721_122046.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 115
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Possible yes , easy hell no. Much better off opening the sides of both joining them with a rubber epdm if that is what your pond has for a liner then once that is joined together with the new rubber you can add your pipe inside the water prrof area and then simply have the pipe be the shape between your areas

Ask a Question