I am new at this Pond Building!

Reaction score
Started my Koi pond on June 6, 2011 no help except from my son at times, plus not a hole alot of money.....it is a work in progress. The main body of water is 14x22' 1 foot to 3 feet, I built a smaller pond above it and it is shallow, mainly for more rocks and plants. I building a water fall acroos and the the dirt bank behind the pond. I built the fence to help sprouse up the site some.

About me, I retired from the US Army in 98. Working on a second retirement with a Sheriff's Office here in Virginia. Married with two boys, two dogs, three cats, a bird, a rabbit, one of them genie pids and a lizard......mind you all this was not my idea!!

Anyway, I saw alot of great ponds on this site, just wanted to share my idea...dream...sore mussels...

Glad to be part of this site!!

I live in Virginia, from Kentucky thou........

Attachments

• MP5.jpg
    MP5.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 215
  • MP7.jpg
    MP7.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 219
  • MP8.jpg
    MP8.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 227
  • MP9.jpg
    MP9.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 247

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Nice looking fish you have but what is the yellow flower I like that .You must be doing something right because it looks good

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well I can tell you for a new pond that water looks great .You must be doing something right thumbs up

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I guess your a motorcycle fan like my son he owns 2 harleys .He used to live near South Boston VA in Saxe but has moved back to Edison NJ in the last couple of months .He gave up down here he has my work back in NJ than here

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
dlester said:
Yea, been riding since the 70's...not as safe now as it was back then...noone watches the road anymore with those phones in their hands.....
yeh riding one these days is like dodge ball and then you have to watch out for some of the big rigs too .I remember when I moved down here at one of the tolls a big rig ran me off the road and just so happens there set a cop and he got him too .Pulled right behind at the toll and told him to pull on the side .He came across 3 lanes and almost hit 2 other cars too .Cell phones are good to have but they have there place and time .

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Welcome to the forum, dlester! The yellow flower is a " floating heart ". John

Ask a Question