I bet you guys don't have this issue with your bog filters

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a/b
Country
United States
We thought at first she was getting in because it had standing water as we were still adding gravel to it. Once we got it covered with gravel, we thought the problem was solved. Nope. My son tried putting some sticks standing up around the edges but she just pulled them out. So right now, she can't go out unsupervised. She's a handful all the time, all puppy.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The deer are in mine all of the time!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Weeeelll, I should not really suggest this here, but you can train your dog to keep out. Don't throw rocks.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a/b
Country
United States
Weeeelll, I should not really suggest this here, but you can train your dog to keep out. Don't throw rocks.

That's why she is now supposed to be supervised when she is in the backyard, so they can train her not to get in it. She needs a lot of energy output during the day and it is so hot here (Texas, need I say more) that they haven't been out there with her all the time. They let her out for a short period of time and she just runs all over the yard, needing to let go of that puppy energy. She is definitely a work in progress. While she looks full-grown, she is not, she is still less than a year old. New bog seemed like a new toy. Bless her heart (said in the most Southern tone you can imagine).

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Oh boy! One of our dogs is newly obsessed with our pond - she really really REALLY wants to catch a frog! When I go out with her, she knows she can't go near the pond and listens well, but she knows my husband is a pushover so she heads straight for it when he's with her. Her paws are just slightly smaller than a Clydesdale, so she's a big plant trampler!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
The neighbors dog jumps in the pond from time to time. I can tell when he's been there due to a few stones being displaced.

Ask a Question