i dont know what the correct term is...breeding net???

Reaction score
maybe someone can name it for me

as requested by koikeepr

this is how i built the baskets in one of my other threads

shopping list.
Home Depot
- 1" PVC pipe
- 4 irrigation pipe 3/4" i believe (i used the kind where you can snap off portions if its too long)
- 4 3/4" caps for the ends of the irrigation pipes
- 4 1" elbows with a 3/4" Female threaded hole on top (that hole is for the 3/4" pipe if you were wondering)
- to make 2 it cost me less than $20 USD at Home Depot

Leslies Pool Supply.(you can go to any well stocked pool supply store)
- 2 replacement socks with draw string these cost me $20 USD each

to construct it
my baskets were originally going to be built with 12" lengths of 1" pvc making the dimensions somewhere in the 14"x14" range...ends up that my socks wouldnt fit around that so i eventually found out that 6" to 7" lengths of pipe worked
so depending on how big the socks that you got are depends on how long you cut the pvc

so anyways to construct it
you cut 4- 7"lengths of PVC
and insert them into the "corner" elbows on both sides to make a square with the 3/4" holes all faceing the same direction then screw in the irrigation pipe and cap it to keep in air so it floats...depending on the size of your sock you need to cut or break off pieces in order to get it to where the sock can come over the top of the frame

I WILL TRY TO GET SOME PICTURES FOR YOU GUYS
ILL PROBABLY TAKE ONE APART AND PUT IT BACK TOGETHER FOR YOU SO THAT YOU CAN SEE HOW ITS DONE

BUT THIS IS THE SUMMARY OF WHAT I DID

Reaction score
oh, pictures would be lovely! I need to build two of these.

I have a Leslie's about 25 minutes away from me. What exactly are these "socks" you are referring to? What do they normally do in the pool world, so I know what to ask for.

This is fantastic!

Reaction score
i dont knoww what the thing they are for is called...it goes on the end of the pole and you connect a garden hose to it and its supposed to skim the surface or sweep the bottom

Ask a Question