water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy, fantail goldfish??
Yes they are pretty. I just found out I loss the ones I had in my 1000 gallon tank. The net has a nice hole in it, probably a heron stopped by while I was out of state. Darn bird took 2/3's of the fish
InkedIMG_1423_LI.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Someone had a nice snack, courtesy of your pond. I'd like to say "live and let live" but the fish really don't stand a chance, do they?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No they don't I was really wanting to see how the two with all the black were going to grow out to. They are also gone. I was bad about protecting them

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Koigolds are supposedly steril. Koi goldfish hybrid, from what I gather, tend to get around halfway sized between goldfish and koi. Other than that, my sister has guppies in her pond zone 7. They survived two winters now, but hers is 3’ deep.

Any idea where I can get these?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Most other people seem to have few problems with predators, and certainly I need something to eat mosquito larvae, but I think koi would draw me in too much! LOL! I'm a nut case.

Not entirely sure where you live, but have you looked in creating a bat house? Supposedly works amazing for mosquitos. Depending on what species of bats are native to your area, you wouldn't have to worry about them eating the fish either. Just a thought. I'm trying to create one myself right now.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I hung a bat house years ago, they must not like it not one bat. But we do have them flying around.
We have zero mosquitoes here, I think all the dragon flies, roads, frogs, fish, birds keep them under control.
Neighbors a street over complain about mosquitoes.

Ask a Question