I get this twice a year

Reaction score
New to the boards. Hopefully you can help me out. I get this twice a year and it is annoying. Let me start by saying that I am looking at uv clarifiers and mechanical filtration. When I get this, the only way I can get rid of it is drain it, and scrub it clean. I use Tetra barley and peat extract. 605 gallons , roughly with 27 Comets.

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/blackabbydog/?action=view&current=algae1.jpg

:grumble:

Am I going towards the right direction. It gets full sun, which can't be avoided. Any help, or ideas, would be appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Reaction score
Did you mean to post all the pics of the house?? It sounds like you have no filteration as of yet? I use a PF3000 and have had NO algae since it has been in place.:banana:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
What dimensions are you using for the calculations of this pond? I don't see 605 gallons.
The tiny bit of algae I saw in 48 and 49 are almost nothing and are healthy for the fish. is there something we are not seeing here?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
the water looks good ,dont look at it as bad ,let your fish enjoy it.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Actually with 9x5x3 it comes out to over 1000 gallons. Your pictures made it look shallow.
There is 7.48 Gallons per cubic foot of water.

Reaction score
Relax, what look yuky is normal for most ponds, the thing you don't want to do is over react and treat a problem that isn't serious, even with minor issues, waiting a day or two (or more) might be better than micro managing. To some extent, all ponds will become stable if left alone,( if you set things up right from the start) if you see dead fish, or the problem does not equalize then consulte here or at a local expert.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucaryan

Latest Threads