I get to redo my pond

Reaction score
As the title says, I am in for fun. I bought a kit that came with a 20 mil pvc liner. I know, I know, shame on me. When the wife is on you to hurry, you tend to do so:mad:. Here is my problem. I currently have rocks surrounding my pond. I will include a link to how it is currently. These rocks, I am afraid to say, came from my local reservoir. Here is my problem, there are no good flat rocks for my to "reclaim" . I say reclaim, cause in a way, I am using my tax dollars:twisted:. What kind of rocks do you have surrounding your ponds. I am not a rock hound, but if you can include pictures, that would be awesome. This way, I will know what the rocks will look like before I buy a whole bunch that are wrong. Just looking for ideas. I was told that I definitely do not want sandstone, as they will only last about 5 yrs before they start to crack up. Thanks in advance :)

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/blackabbydog/?action=view&current=Picture015.jpg

I will also be redoing the waterfall sides and front while I am at it, same rocks. As you can tell, these surrounding rocks are not flat, and that is what I am looking for.

Reaction score
We just used local field stone. I guess that's dependent on where you live....

PICT0040.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Home made!

Attachments

• pond-cover-inside.jpg
    pond-cover-inside.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 415
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 424
  • pavers.jpg
    pavers.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 465
  • Img_1768.jpg
    Img_1768.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 426
Reaction score
DoDad, is that just concrete? As far as fieldstones, those are kinda hard to come by in the size I am wanting. Mostly you find small fieldstones :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Close! It was mostly Quikcrete sand mix.
27goldfish said:
DoDad, is that just concrete? As far as fieldstones, those are kinda hard to come by in the size I am wanting. Mostly you find small fieldstones :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I formed them by hand over a bottom form using plywood to form a 90 degree angle.
I let it set for about 24 hrs. before removing them.

Reaction score
I currently have flagstone on the sides of my pond. That being said, I just purchased a half ton of 6-9 boulders that will line the pond, my new stream and also make their way into the pond. I will post pics tommorrow.....I see you are in Indiana, so am I (Indianapolis). I recently found a great landscape company that has awesome prices on rock, I'd be more than happy to share their number and address if needed.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It looks like you got a good start on it. The fun part is now to come with the landscaping and fish :)

Ask a Question