I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
DrDave said:
I may not be active much for the next week. My wife's mother passed away about an hour ago.:sad:

So sorry for your families loss Dr Dave.

Reaction score
AAGGHHH!!! My waterfall is causing me to lose water. It is all apart. Overnight, with a shot glass to fill my inlet, my bulkhead lost about 2 inches. This is abs. I am not seeing any cracks. Any ideas? I know the shot glass can't be sealing it 100 %. Any ideas on how to find this? Thanks.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
All of my waterfall leaks were the result of fittings in the drum or overflow that did not make it into the stream.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I went nuts chasing 2 different leaks. My upper pond will sometimes oveflow and drain the lower pond since its water comes from there. Plants in my stream, dam up the water and cause this.

Reaction score
I plugged my input to the spillway with a shotglass. Not perfect, but kinda works. I had water on my liner under my rocks, but I also lost about 3 inches from my spillway. Haven't checked it today.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I bypassed my waterfal when I was troubleshooting my water loss. The leak stopped. Then I knew I had a waterfall problem.

Reaction score
I am thinking about taking all rocks that are non essential out, turning on the waterfall, and looking for water. Do you think that may work? The waterfall pump runs my spillway and a tetra pf1, so with it down my filtration is all messed up :*(
that is me crying by the way, as I am posting from my mobile device.

Reaction score
27goldfish, .....pulling the non-essential rock will help to pin point a leak. another thought , but how is your waterfall situated in regards to wind direction? My neighbor called me this morning asking about water loss (he had alot last night, too) but his waterfall gets pushed all sorts of directions by the wind. And with the storms we had last night, I believe it. We watched his waterfall lose an inch in an hour when we had winds gusting to 20mph:mad:. I hope you get everything figured out:cool:

Reaction score
I am not sure what kind of filtration you have, but is it at all possible to bypass the spillway/waterfall like Dr. Dave says and still use the filtration? If you could do this, you wouldn't lose the filtration and could rebuild your WF. Couldn't you reroute the piping on the tetra to go around the falls.

In my system which is an easypro filterfalls medium size, I installed a 4 in. bulkhead so I could bypass the waterfall if needed.

Ask a Question