j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So glad you are going to be ok @sissy and doggie got back to his home. Sorry about the loss of the fish and Aggie's wounds. How far away did this dog come from and hope they will keep him home now. Sounds like you might not have to take the liner out if that stuff Meyer is talking about works great. Maybe the owners of the dog would pay for that repair stuff and hopefully all you have to do is drain the water down to repair it. He should pay for the loss of your fish also.

I just edited what I wrote above:
Oh sorry I didn't see those other posts about it being in the crease. Guess you do need a new liner and yes they should pay and also pay for all the work you have to do to re-do it all.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
He came about a mile from his home and was gone 3 days and they had given up hope on finding him .Creases in liner will not allow for a repair .I asked both ponddigger and pondhunter and they both said not worth the expense just to have it fail .Meyer agreed ,The replacement of the liner will have to wait until my arm heals and aggie heals up .I sure don't want to stress her out anymore .I treated her to strawberries from my garden and a pat on the head ,

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh gosh! I am so glad to hear you don't have an infection or something -- but sorry to hear the rest of it. Too bad all us pond folks can't teleport there on a mission of pond mercy!

Well -- I wouldn't be much help, since I'm such a novice. But I could bring cookies to amp up your blood sugar! ;)
I, too was thinking it would be wonderful if we could all get together and help!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
If I was close I would be there in a jiffy! I hope the dog's owner comes through on his promise to make good on the damage. I wonder if his liability insurance would cover it? Worth a try!

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I seriously doubt if this person's liability insurance covers the actions of their dog on someone's property other than their own.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I seriously doubt if this person's liability insurance covers the actions of their dog on someone's property other than their own.
Long line of insurance people in my family @Meyer Jordan and I can guarantee you it does. If that same dog bit @sissy in her yard, his liability would certainly cover it. If my kid breaks your window in your house my liability would pay. Liability insurance is for exactly these types of things. In fact his insurance should pay her medical bills as well. Now he may not WANT to file a claim, but that's another story...

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Long line of insurance people in my family @Meyer Jordan and I can guarantee you it does. If that same dog bit @sissy in her yard, his liability would certainly cover it. If my kid breaks your window in your house my liability would pay. Liability insurance is for exactly these types of things. In fact his insurance should pay her medical bills as well. Now he may not WANT to file a claim, but that's another story...

Maybe so. I would think that the insurance company would deny the claim because they failed to have the dog properly confined to their yard. But that's me thinking, I do not know how their policy reads.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Maybe so. I would think that the insurance company would deny the claim because they failed to have the dog properly confined to their yard. But that's me thinking, I do not know how their policy reads.

Then again, if the pond is over a certain depth, it'll require fencing. If it wasn't fenced and a dog fell in resulting in a tear...........

You might want to try rotating the liner so that the hole isn't in a fold, and would therefore be patchable.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Liability covers negligence, carelessness, etc - it won't cover intentional acts. Just like if the dog wandered off and bit someone - insurance would cover it. Now they may exclude the dog in the future for that homeowner, but the first occurance would definitely be covered. If it were me I would get an estimate to have the liner replaced and get my medical bills and present the to the owner.

All this of course depends on him actually being insured...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Here in the county no fences around the pond is allowed because there are to many farm ponds and natural ponds and streams .I counted 30 streams just around the area i live and ponds are even more .Some land like behind my house in the gully becomes a pond during heavy rains .My medical was paid by my insurance so not really worried about that .I really don't want to be mean to the guy he was a really nice person and concerned .He did tell me his yard is fenced in but when he goes to physical therapy he chains the dog to his dog house under a tree in the fenced yard or the dog will lay on the deck in the sun and over heat .But when he came home some one had opened the gate .Not sure if he is insured but he did have a nice car .Can't rotate the liner because it is longer than wider .Never really ever sued any one ,even the owners of the last dog that fell .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Maybe you could call the owner, as a follow up to the incident. Inquire about his dog, let him know about your dr. visit and mention the pond liner is damaged, most likely needing to be replaced. Couldn't hurt to see where this leads.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parynirvana

Latest Threads