Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Just found out that the stupid slag that killed the turtles by letting them starve and rot in their tanks for two weeks will not be facing charges after all because "turtles are not recognized as a protected species under the civil animal rights" in my jurisdiction... Well imagine that, if it don't bark or meow you can go cry a river but then they might charge you for "creating a waterway without county permit" ass holes... Sorry

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
@Marshall though she is probably well deserving of some title however be aware that the name you have given her is a word that may well cause offense to some of our female members .
Was she reported to your version of the RSPCA if not why not and if yes any animal cruelty their remit and they will prosecute if they think they have a case even for tutrles in this country .

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
people do that all the time with fish ponds here ,they move or get foreclosed on and just leave the pond and fish .I have rescued lots of fish by taking out ponds for realtors and the oldest being just over 7 years to no one living in the house .Banks are slow to sell the bank repos and in the meantime what happens .I have seen dogs and cats left at houses here to die .There owners just leave them behind

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
people do that all the time with fish ponds here ,they move or get foreclosed on and just leave the pond and fish .I have rescued lots of fish by taking out ponds for realtors and the oldest being just over 7 years to no one living in the house .Banks are slow to sell the bank repos and in the meantime what happens .I have seen dogs and cats left at houses here to die .There owners just leave them behind
sissy that is awful they must be heartless to leave dogs and cats to die in an emppty house, at the moment in the UK there is an avert fo the dogs trust that rescue abandoned dogs there owners rather than pay an elderly dogs vets bills just tie them up by the side of the road and drive off .
This angers Val and I greatly I fear for the human race I really do being cruel to animals is not necessary their are many charlities that they can take them too

Dave

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
@Marshall though she is probably well deserving of some title however be aware that the name you have given her is a word that may well cause offense to some of our female members .
Was she reported to your version of the RSPCA if not why not and if yes any animal cruelty their remit and they will prosecute if they think they have a case even for tutrles in this country .

Dave
I mean no offence as I have only encountered ladies with class on this forum BUT I stand behind the label because sometimes if the shoe fits... no collateral damage was intended

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Remember we all have to meet our maker one day and we all have to pay for our sins .The Amish cry when a baby is born and rejoice when you pass to the after life .I can always remember that as a young child, my granny was 1 of the people that made me who I am and made me strong ,but not invincible .

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Remember we all have to meet our maker one day and we all have to pay for our sins .The Amish cry when a baby is born and rejoice when you pass to the after life .I can always remember that as a young child, my granny was 1 of the people that made me who I am and made me strong ,but not invincible .
I like Samuel Clemens take that "it's not the verses he does not understand that trouble him, rather it's the ones he does understand"

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
When you posted the initial report of this I had doubts that any action would be taken by any government agency. Here in Florida, native turtles are not a protected species because of the sheer numbers. In fact, if a turtle needs to be relocated, it must be relocated to private property. Relocation to public land or waterway is a punishable offense. I have been personally told by Florida Fish and Wildlife if a suitable relocation site was not available, my only remaining options were to keep the turtle or euthanize it.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
When you posted the initial report of this I had doubts that any action would be taken by any government agency. Here in Florida, native turtles are not a protected species because of the sheer numbers. In fact, if a turtle needs to be relocated, it must be relocated to private property. Relocation to public land or waterway is a punishable offense. I have been personally told by Florida Fish and Wildlife if a suitable relocation site was not available, my only remaining options were to keep the turtle or euthanize it.
I lived in Saint Pete for 5 years so I know what you mean. They are almost as bad as the green shirt thugs.. I mean police

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
So very true sissy however I'm hoping our maker is going to answer alott of angery questions about my life my stepfather his beatings my mothers beatings at his hands and the total disregard of my father when he learned of this .
I have a lable for him it s coward because of his in-action bad things happend to me until I met my good lady and started the long hard road to recovery , it has made me the person I am I'm strong have a good support network of friends who I show the every kindness too
Like you I am strong but not invincible

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
To me when you grow up with no respect for any thing then you grow up to have no respect for even yourself .I never speak about it but there is to much I don't care these days.My parent ,my grandparents never had to touch us kids ,the well known look was enough to scare you .We would sit down and look guilty .Kids these days never learned to have respect for adults .Sad to say but way to true .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom

Jesus that is bad news any turtles that fell victim of the nija turtle craze and were then abandond in UK ponds and lakes that are found are relocated to either zoos or wildlife parks as well as the odd turtle fan , this is done by the RSPCA even though these creatures have no right being in our ponds .

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
To me when you grow up with no respect for any thing then you grow up to have no respect for even yourself .I never speak about it but there is to much I don't care these days.My parent ,my grandparents never had to touch us kids ,the well known look was enough to scare you .We would sit down and look guilty .Kids these days never learned to have respect for adults .Sad to say but way to true .
There is slapping a child now banned in the UK to stop them say running out in the road the there is the violence meeted out to both Mum and Myself I learned life the hard way adopted into a family who couldnt stay together because of my Dad repeated adultery , Mum tried to make things right with marrying my first step dad things were great at first then the beatings started he would appologise the next day but as soon as he took a loss (he was a was an unregisterd unofficial bookie taking bets in the pub from fellow drunkards) .
It got bad sissy, very bad so much so that I took a carving knife out to stab him with after he had beaten Mum and thrown her out when drunk , I made her sit down stairs to wait for him to come home I would have done it eventually she talked me into going to stay with friends ( now her third husband ) after his wife her best friend died .
Thankfully I didnt realize he was alseep in bed sleeping things off (that would have been a prison sentence for me thats for sure .
I hate any form of violence and believe this world to be sick the way people treat people like with the ISIS terrorists killing anyone who is different from them in their beliefs .
However because of all that happened to me as a child I have become strong as an adult

Dave

Ask a Question