I HAVE TO SHARE THIS.... :) I LOVE MY SON!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My son is 18, and now in college. Sunday we had his Eagle Scout Court of Honor Ceremony [where he was officially recognized as an Eagle Scout].

He gave an absolutely beautiful speech! You think you know your children, and then they surprise you with their eloquence, thoughtfulness, etc.....

Anyway, he chose ME, his MOM, to present with a "Mentor Pin!" WOW! If you're not familiar with "Scouting," just know what an honor this is!

But what I will always remember is the little mini-speech he gave before he announced that I was a recipient [he also gave a pin to one of the leaders]. And understand the context....

(To paraphrase) Eagles are birds, and birds come from eggs. Momma birds lay the eggs and sit on them until they hatch and grow to become Eagles [as in Eagle Scouts)......

I LAID AN EGG!!!

Gotta love it!! Gotta love him!!

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Congrats to your son!

I have a little different analogy I was telling my son today. Kids are like snails in the fish tank. A couple of them are great for the tank and I love them, but once you get fifty they become an active nuisance and you have to go out and buy assassin snails.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Quite an accomplishment, You did good TM! It's so nice to hear a story like that, and I have no doubts what he has learned from this step in his adventure of life will take him throughout life to be a stronger and a more prepared young man. The motto "Be Prepared" is something I think about a lot more often now that I'm older. It's changed in how it's been viewed over the years, but scouting and serving in the armed forces changed my life forever for the good. I'm sure of that, and I'm sure Phillip will take so much of what he has learned and how you have raised him on to his children and grand children. Sore like an Eagle, The lessons you learned will take you far and high. But don't forget, Home is where not only where the egg was laid, but the love and the teachings took place to start you on your road to success.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
very true but life can hand you a curve ball .I know my first son was very close to my sister Margie and when her life was cut short by domestic violence it was hard for him to understand .Her and her hubby had everything 2 homes expensive cars ,but his controlling ways ended it all .He had it all but gave it up after she got fed up with his affairs .She got a funeral he got life in prison .My son was destroyed by it all as were the rest of us .A strong home and lots of loving support is always needed .But sometimes we get lost . :sad:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
And here he is at his Eagle ceremony [I cropped out the girl hanging on his arm....].

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 227

Ask a Question