HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Ian;
Several people have commented on the "0 warning points" line under our pictures, and I simply MUST ask: what are warning points, and should we be trying to GET them or AVOID them??
John

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I saw that and wondered, also. My guess is that it's not a good thing.

But also noticed that not everyone has that.....

Mine does --- didn't see it on any other posts :(. Have I been a bad girl?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lol you only see them on your self, they would not be something you want. Warnings if you spam, swear, are abusive to other members would be my guess.

Reaction score
There seems to be no way for members to give other members any warning points, so perhaps they are there just to remind us that this is NOT a democratic forum. :nono:

Reaction score
Oh, oh, I must be on to something,,,, Right after that last post I received my first warning point.
Don't know how many strikes it takes before your out, but I'll say my farewells now while I have the chance. :bye2:
Please tell my story............... :censored:

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Warning points are something that came with the program for the site. The moderators are using this primarily for those that are spamming and adding links to the site without permission that are advertising sites not specific products. Usually new members in there first few posts. BUT that being said, spam, swear, are abusive language and personal attacks can warrant the use of warning points. The point system is set up at 10 points and you'll be removed from posting for a while or permanently banned if it becomes necessary. So with that said, no you don't want any. 99% of the time if one of us see's a post that is getting out of hand we try and contact the member/members that are getting close and PM them to settle things down. We (The Moderation and Admin group) do not want to warn or ban any of our regular members. Each of us respect each members comments and this site is very well known for a friendly and welcoming site. We want to keep it that way.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hey can I give Haro warning points for posting as me .I would warn him up .WARN WARN WARN WARN :LOL: my own warning signal for Haro .Shame I could not have one of those horns to blow in his ear too . :LOL:

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
The horn wouldn't work, Sissy.... I'm already deaf.

Thanks for the info, Larkin. I was just curious. And Dr. Case... I think I'll pass, now that I know they're BAD!!
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well it did say warning haro if you see something that says warning is it ever good warning .NOPE :razz:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
True, true warnings seem to be used for something bad about to happen. Maybe we should start warning Haro ahead of time when we are going to zing him :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Oh I wanted to oh so like my own post here but I am not allowed so I'll just give a few ZING,ZING,ZINGS to Haro
warning_zpsa29ae956.gif
Here is your first ZING for the day Haro
wedgie2.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I wonder what happens if you see a warning sign on an elevator that says out of order and decide well it can't be that bad :LOL: :LOL: same thing usually bad

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I thought maybe I would get GOOD points for warning someone else that something was about to happen. For instance, warning Sissy that her lawnmower tire was about to go flat!! Dang, I can't access the smilies any more.
John

Ask a Question