I let my head rule my heart

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Turtle mommy, I stopped buying new fish about 4 years ago. Now I have triple the amount of fish than I did back then!
Yeah, I think I've talked myself out of getting the fish, pretty as it is. With the 2 new [huge!] Watonai that I just purchased, I'm really in grave danger of maxing out my capacity.

But, who knows what tomorrow will bring.....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I spotted these at the local pet store last fall, and could not pass them up. They have been in my 55 gal aquarium all winter, and will go out to the goldfish pond when it warms up to more like 60 degrees. No hurry, as I enjoy watching them while I am on the computer. LOL
015.JPG
018.JPG

Then, couple of days ago, I found these beauties at the same pet shop. Larger than the ones in the aquarium, so they went into the pond after getting them used to the water slowly (for about an hour at least) that evening. I really liked the red and white one, and the other two are tri-colored, although the middle one appears to have no black in the pic ... stressed somewhat, I suppose. Saw all 3 of them yesterday and this morning, so they are doing fine. In fact, the red and white one was snuggling up with one of my large goldfish, that is likely going to spawn soon. I've never had fantail babies, but hoping to someday ...
025.JPG

Come on, fantails grow much slower than goldfish, how much room can it REALLY take up??? I hope I enticed you to go back and get that fish! ;)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was just going to reply that CE had convinced me that you should get the fish and then I went to the next page and sure enough you already got it plus another!

That is awesome TM, And they are both adorable :love:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha ha ha you caved just as we knew you would if you saw them again. I would have done the same thing. They are very pretty and I see why you could not resist!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ha ha ha you caved just as we knew you would if you saw them again. I would have done the same thing. They are very pretty and I see why you could not resist!
But, I did wait a respectable amt. of time before I made my decision -- which means it wasn't an impulse purchase, LOL!

When I got them home (Hubby was driving and the pics were taken while they were still in the store tank), I took the 2 that were already living in the indoor tank, bagged them up, and transitioned them to the pond at the same time these 2 were transitioning to the tank. They are cuties!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Woohoo, so happy for you MM! They are sure ones I would have chosen, too. Love that first one, no wonder you really liked him. Coloring is almost under the skin, instead of on top. Very unique. I will soon be moving the 5 I have had in my aquarium since last fall to the goldfish pond. The other 3 are doing very well, coming up to eat and enjoying their large home.
Congrats on your new babies. Good luck.

Ask a Question