I looked....and there were flowers!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I was looking around the pond and turtle habitat/turtle bog area yesterday morning and I suddenly realized there were flowers everywhere! Four of my 5 (or 6?) water lilies were blooming -- even the one that fell into the deep end a week or so ago. The really tall water hibiscus that recently greened up nicely had 3 blooms! I planted marigolds around the habitat in the spring but they haven't flowered since I planted them -- they were covered! The purple trailing verbena always has flowers, but it was a nice contrast. A guara that I stuck in the habitat as an after thought was going through a 2nd bloom period. And there were 3 water hyacinth blooms -- even one is rare for me.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Very nice, I hope we can share some nice pics of flowers next year
Me, too! Most on here have gorgeous flowers and plants and I love flowers. That's why I got so excited yesterday. I'm not much of a gardener, nor am I talented at landscaping, so seeing all those blooms....in my own yard....all at the same time....WOW!

Ask a Question