I love this place, one suggestion

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I was just randomly scrolling through things here on a bored night and discovered we have an admin and his name is @Ian and since I just discovered you exist today, I figured I should tell you how much I love this forum system and thank you for running it.

Since I'm making a post in feedback, there's the only thing I've not seen that maybe it exists and I've just missed it, but when I go to someone's profile, it would be cool if there was an easy link to their showcase post to see their pond easily, rather than having to go into everything they have ever written on here (Postings tab) and try to find their stuff that way (impossible really). Is that a thing that exists or is there another easy way to find people's pond photos from their profiles?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Funnily enough, a few days ago I added a link to the member information that appears next to each post. If they've got a pond showcase, it'll show the number of showcase entries and that number is a link to them :). Here's an example:
Capture.PNG

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Funnily enough, a few days ago I added a link to the member information that appears next to each post. If they've got a pond showcase, it'll show the number of showcase entries and that number is a link to them :). Here's an example:
View attachment 131730
genius! just before I go make a showcase so people have easy accses to photos of my pond, is there any way to edit them in the long term? I am planning on redoing the pond later this year, and do not want to be stuck with old photos of the pond

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
genius! just before I go make a showcase so people have easy accses to photos of my pond, is there any way to edit them in the long term? I am planning on redoing the pond later this year, and do not want to be stuck with old photos of the pond
Hey, keep the old pics! We like to see the “before” as much as we do the “after.” It‘s nice to see how our ponds progress, and pictures are a great way to give people ideas and/or give them insight into what works and what doesn’t.

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Hey, keep the old pics! We like to see the “before” as much as we do the “after.” It‘s nice to see how our ponds progress, and pictures are a great way to give people ideas and/or give them insight into what works and what doesn’t.
okay! I am just working on a showcase item now, and I figure after I do the redo, I will jsut add another item :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Funnily enough, a few days ago I added a link to the member information that appears next to each post. If they've got a pond showcase, it'll show the number of showcase entries and that number is a link to them :).
NICE!

Someday I hope to have a pond that is decent enough to be worthy of a showcase.

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
NICE!

Someday I hope to have a pond that is decent enough to be worthy of a showcase.
I would say set one up now! It will be incredibly easy for us to find your pond, and personally, I envy your amazing waterfalls

Ask a Question