I made a new water feature today

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I made a water feature today. About 2ft tall. It just has a slow flow that gently flows down the front. Hoping hummingbirds may like it but I am sure something will.

water feature 2.jpg

water feature 3.jpg

some of the fish

fish.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice! The hummers in Arizona loved my water fall, they loved to play in the water and drink it.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Nice, I’m sure like jw said all the birds will love it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Thanks and yes I did. Had to go thru both sides, my longest bit was 18". I then cut a notch in the bottom for the tube and a ninety degree fitting into the stone.
That looks like bluestone. If it is, that stuff is tough! You must have used some type of rotary hammer (hammer drill) like a Hilti. Even with that it must have been tough. Great job!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
That looks like bluestone. If it is, that stuff is tough! You must have used some type of rotary hammer (hammer drill) like a Hilti. Even with that it must have been tough. Great job!
It was a granite fieldstone. Took a bit to drill it but not bad. Yes I used a rotary hammer, it was a battery flex volt Dewalt hammer drill. It was a 3/4" hole.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
It was a granite fieldstone. Took a bit to drill it but not bad. Yes I used a rotary hammer, it was a battery flex volt Dewalt hammer drill. It was a 3/4"
Nice! I remember some years back drilling for an electrical service through a basement wall in Manhattan. They called it bluestone. Whatever it was, it was tough stuff. I'm thinking it was actually granite.

Last edited:

Ask a Question