I need a friendly pond forum,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
And I think this is it! I just left one that was mean and degrading too often, this looks like a friendly one. Glad to be part of it now. I am a long time Koi pond and indoor tropical fish keeper. We moved recently and I had to leave behind my Koi pond and fish. But now I am digging a new smaller pond that will have Shubunkins. See you all at the forum!
Barb

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
88.gif

Welcome Barb. This definitely is a friendly and knowledgeable group of people. We're happy to have you with us!

IPA

Reaction score
63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
And I think this is it! I just left one that was mean and degrading too often, this looks like a friendly one. Glad to be part of it now. I am a long time Koi pond and indoor tropical fish keeper. We moved recently and I had to leave behind my Koi pond and fish. But now I am digging a new smaller pond that will have Shubunkins. See you all at the forum!
Barb
Welcome, as long as you don't use algaecide we should all be able to get along :D:po_O
Edit:
@BarbO , I was being silly, hope it didn't come across the wrong way.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you all for the kind welcomes! No algaecides for me either. Recently I saw a local house with a new and beautiful pond in their front yard. But the water was a terrible shade of green/blue from the chems. they used. I look forward to a lot of good reading here at the friendly forum. Thanks again

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Barb

Welcome to the forums! Safe to say this is the friendliest forum I've been on, not just pond related.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome from the UK. Good folks on here who freely share their knowledge and tips. See you around:)

Ask a Question