I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
upload_2017-9-16_10-18-46.gif
@BarbO Oh man that would be hard to leave my fish behind. You will like it here, we've all had our rabies shots.................er, well most of us :smuggrin:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Gee, this IS indeed a friendly forum! Thanks for all the kind welcomes. When we sold old house and my pond, I gave my 6 full grown Koi to a local hospital's 150,000 gal. pond that patients receiving Chemo. look out on while getting their treatments. It is a beautiful pond with several waterfalls and fountains.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow at least in leaving your fish behind they sure got a nice big new home w/lots of people who will surely enjoy them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Barb. Welcome. There are a lot of very nice people here. I think you will enjoy it. I just went the other way. After 10 years of just goldfish I recently bought two Butterfly Kois for my pond. It was a very nice thing you did by donating your fish.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Welcome to the group. I have personally enjoyed my time here. Ponding to me should be fun and enjoyable including the forums I visit.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks again for the kind welcomes. Every month or so I go visit "my" koi at the hospital pond. They all come over to see me, but I know they are just looking for food from anyone who stands at a certain spot. But I pretend they recognize me and are saying Hi. There are several other Koi in there along with goldfish. The pond has lots of fine lines strung all over to prevent herons, which we have many of here, from snacking on valuable and beautiful fish. BTW, I raised those Koi from 3" fry I got about 17 yrs ago at a local pet store for $4 ea.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I raised those Koi from 3" fry I got about 17 yrs ago at a local pet store for $4 ea.

I'm so glad you still get to see your "babies"! We do get attached, don't we?

Be sure to take lots of pictures of your new pond build - the only thing we love more than ponds is to watch other people working! ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Welcome :) Really neat you were able to donate your koi to such a special pond and that you can visit them.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We like to watch people build their new ponds so yep take pix and also next time you go visit your former fish kids take pix of them also. We love pix :happy:

Ask a Question