I need plant recommendations.

Jagsfan

Donor
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
Im looking for a border/shelf plant that can grow in the shade. Anybody know of anything? i would prefer something with a little height to it if possible. 2 or 3 feet is fine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Post your climate. That will help.

I'm in zone 6b in northeastern Pennsylvania.

I have had great success with Marsh Marigold in my partially shaded pond/bog area. It's hardy and comes back bigger every year. Beautiful yellow flowers in the cooler seasons. It also drops seeds and new plants have popped up all over in the pond and in the bog.

I also have lizard's tail on a pond shelf. Also comes back every year. It grows about 3 feet high.

The forget-me-nots also come back bigger and better every year, but those are low and spread out over the surface of the water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Pickrel rush will grow in filtered sun . As will cat tails
Another plant thats never on any list very invasive but only likes its feet wet a purple loose·strife
Water cress slows its growth rate way down when in the shade and thats not a bad thing .

Jagsfan

Donor
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
Post your climate. That will help.

I'm in zone 6b in northeastern Pennsylvania.

I have had great success with Marsh Marigold in my partially shaded pond/bog area. It's hardy and comes back bigger every year. Beautiful yellow flowers in the cooler seasons. It also drops seeds and new plants have popped up all over in the pond and in the bog.

I also have lizard's tail on a pond shelf. Also comes back every year. It grows about 3 feet high.

The forget-me-nots also come back bigger and better every year, but those are low and spread out over the surface of the water.
Im in 6B also

Ask a Question