I need someone to help me come up with ideas for my space...

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I had a old pondless waterfall which needed to redone. I am looking to spruce things up a little and change it to a sheer decent waterfall, possibly 2 or 3. I need guidance on what exactly to do. My space is just sitting there gathering up mosquitoes!

Is there any service that I can hire to help me? The local guy around here wanted $450 dollars for consulting services.

Thank you advance!

Attachments

• demo.jpg
    demo.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 340
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
DIG IT ALL OUT EVERYTHING BUT LEAVE THE BRICK WORK. IT will be easier for you if you make a pond with the water fall. but if you want a pond less you will need some aquablox or so way to store the water and allow the soils to be held up . any who get some rubber that is the length of the area plus the heights of both the sides in one direction and then the same in the opposite direction take those two numbers and then add 2 foot to each if your not real handy I would make it an additional extra 5 feet in both directions. determine your water level then cut a trench into the mortar of the brick just above where you want your water level. tuck in the rubber where you cut the trench and use pls30 caulking to seal tight use some rocks to wedge in the space to hold the rubber and caulk while it dries. now pile up your stones where you want to make a water fall. I suggest you do a search on you tube for the pond digger and take it from there.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
There are lots of people who could build you a pondless waterfall if you're willing to pay for it. And some pond builders do charge for consults, but they put the money back into your project if you hire them. Where are you located?

Reaction score
Country
United States
There are lots of people who could build you a pondless waterfall if you're willing to pay for it. And some pond builders do charge for consults, but they put the money back into your project if you hire them. Where are you located?

I live in Charlotte, NC. I am looking more for sheer descent or maybe a water wall. Not sure what to do with the space. =[

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Are you interested in paying someone to do the work? Or you just want someone to consult on a plan? Pondscapes of Charlotte - are they the local company that wants to charge you for a consult?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Are you interested in paying someone to do the work? Or you just want someone to consult on a plan? Pondscapes of Charlotte - are they the local company that wants to charge you for a consult?

Only if it's dirt cheap, which we all know that isn't going to happen. LOL

I am more interested in doing the work and ordering what is necessary.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Well you get what you pay for! And people who know their work and do the job right do want to make money doing it.

Have you seen the metal weirs that some companies are selling? Designed to go into a brick wall and gives you that sheer waterfall look that I think you're trying to achieve. Like this:

metal weir.jpg

Just a simple pump, weir, and basin. Add some lights and you'd be done... or even a few plants if you wanted. Build it as high as you want it. You could even have several of these in your space maybe at different heights for interest. Just an idea.

And yes @Mmathis - I think he still hasn't hit on an idea that is to his liking.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well you get what you pay for! And people who know their work and do the job right do want to make money doing it.

Have you seen the metal weirs that some companies are selling? Designed to go into a brick wall and gives you that sheer waterfall look that I think you're trying to achieve. Like this:

View attachment 111442

Just a simple pump, weir, and basin. Add some lights and you'd be done... or even a few plants if you wanted. Build it as high as you want it. You could even have several of these in your space maybe at different heights for interest. Just an idea.

And yes @Mmathis - I think he still hasn't hit on an idea that is to his liking.

Yes, I have seen these. I think I need help trying to find a brick to play in front without breaking the bank.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
Start scouring right here. Pick up some pond mags. Lots and lots of content out there. See what gives you the feeling you want and go from there. Sketch sketch sketch.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Start scouring right here. Pick up some pond mags. Lots and lots of content out there. See what gives you the feeling you want and go from there. Sketch sketch sketch.
Run while you still can!!!! The green backs around here are flying out the windows in pairs.

Ask a Question