I need to take my fish out to clean my pond

Reaction score
What should I do? what is a cheep tub I can buy to put the fish in for a day? Just like a keg tub as I have one of those. This is probably the best solution rather than scooping it up wile they are in their correct?
Thanks

Reaction score
Depending on the fish size and number, you can use an aquarium. That's what I used until I came across a preform that somebody gave me.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
If you think you need to get them out for the cleaning a small kiddie pool will work

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Meijers, Walmart or Kmart you can get a 250 gallon snapset pool for $10.00..fish safe..made from PVC.... i just bought a new one this morning at Meijers... 6' round 15" deep

Reaction score
I bought a small kidie pool from walmart, drained it and got them out while draining as my cheep net ziptied to a pole zip tied to the handle of a hoe did not make it easy to catch them. I have 6 left. Got everything out and good thing I drained as it stunk and I would never have been able to properly clean it if I had not driained it and probably would have lost more fish. Got them al back in about 4 in the morning and things look great. Luckaly muy city water is very fish freindly and I was able to get them right back in. They are eathing and playing so I think it is good to go. I need to keep up with the pond better as I had 13 at one point. Many died for other reasons thou as before winter I was down to like 8. Ran the waterfall all thru winter, but I had so much debris from fall that I need to avoid this year by putting up a net. Just so much going on I find it hard to do.
thanks

Ask a Question